About the class:
Experienced technical trainers from SharkBite and Cash Acme are on hand to provide information and updates regarding recent changes to the national and provincial (BC) Plumbing Code. You will learn how SharkBite and Cash Acme products can help new and existing customers meet these evolving requirements. Cash Acme Thermostatic Mixing Valves, for example, are the perfect product to help residential and commercial building maintenance and developers fulfill the demands of increasingly-stringent health and safety regulations both within BC and across Canada. Our trainers will also highlight installation best practices, maintenance procedures, ease of serviceability, troubleshooting techniques, and CSA approval listings. They will also reveal our new, revolutionary EVO PEX “Push-to-Connect” system designed to save time, labor and resources whenever and wherever possible!
– Understanding the systems of codes and standards in Canada
– Understanding the BC plumbing code as it relates to mixing valves, pressure regulators, & push-to-connect fittings
– Lead free requirements
– Difference between certification and listing
– SharkBite and Cash Acme CSA Listings
– SharkBite and Cash Acme Warranty Information
– Pressure Regulator Valves, Different Flow Rates, Low Maintenance and Ease of Serviceability (Various Types of Building Applications)
– Review Temperature & Pressure Relief Valves for Water Heaters or Hot Water Tanks
– SharkBite “Push-to-Connect” Fittings System (Including Various PEX Pipe Transition Fittings, Larger Diameter 2” SharkBite Fittings, New Installation Tools)
– Learn how to save time and money with the new revolutionary SharkBite EvoPEX push-to-connect system
– Learn best installation practices with solutions to minimizing install errors and reducing lost job time
– Time savings comparisons between different plumbing systems
$0 – Complimentary
About the instructor:
Mannan Mohammed is the Engineering Manager at Reliance Worldwide Corporation (Canada) Inc., manufacturer of SharkBite and Cash Acme products. Mannan is a registered professional engineer (P.Eng.), project management professional (PMP), and a certified gas technician (ICE-IE-P). Mannan currently serves as a voting member at CSA water heater TAG sub-committee, associate member of CSA B 125 committee, and working group member for ASSE 1082 standard. He actively participates in several other code committees.
Rick Proulx is Business Development Director at Reliance Worldwide Corporation (Canada) Inc. (RWC). He has been with RWC for over 15 years, with more than 40 years industry experience. He has been directly involved in safe hot water temperature delivery since 1985. Rick has contributed in all aspects of the industry to promote the importance of issues related to the prevention of scalding, and the proliferation of the legionella bacteria. New Provincial and National codes recognize the urgency of the measures needed to reduce the dangers associated with hot water distribution and storage.
Equipco Ltd. Head Office
101 – 42 Fawcett Road
Coquitlam, British Columbia V3K 6X9
Times / Registration:View Schedule Register Now
*** Training is on a “first come, first served” basis. You will receive a written training confirmation from Equipco Ltd. to confirm your spot in the class.
*** We reserve the right to cancel the class 21 days (3weeks) prior to the scheduled date if we do not meet the attendance requirement.